Nickanme: Bethie, Bethbikes
- Never learned to bike as a child; first bike was in 2004: an old Schwinn cruiser found in a trash can, the day after the ’89 Plymouth Acclaim died. It served as the main form of transportation for the next 3 years.
- First "race" involving a bike (a tri-for-fun) was in 2006, done on a 1970 Motobecane with flat pedals and tennis shoes.
- Favorite track events: Miss ‘n Out and Olympic Style Omnium
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Northern California Velodrome Association; Race & Programs Scheduling Coordinator for Hellyer Park Veldorome and Chair of the Race Committee.
- Founder and promoter of Beginner Women’s track clinic at Hellyer Park Velodrome, which brings 20 new women track racers in each year.
- Competed in Division III NCAA Track & Field at Wesleyan University—400m and 1600m relay. School record holder in 1600m relay.
- Work as a policy and project analyst at a non-profit organization that is an association of community clinics.
- Avid blogger: http://bethbikes.blogspot.com
- 2010 highlight: bronze medal at the Elite Track National Championship in the individual pursuit. Captured 4th place in Points race, despite nasty crash mid-way through. Got back in, and went off the front to secure enough points for 4th.